Monday, May 24, 2010

Homeschooling My Boys!

Okay, yesterday I took a few pictures of our homeschooling room so you could get a glimpse of what our schooling looks like around here. A lot of people ask me, "How does homeschooling work? How do you know what to teach? How do you teach different grades at the same time?" etc. Here is a glimpse of the room we do our school in:

Daniel's Desk and Andrew's Desk

Writing Center, Computer and Educational CDs

Time Line and of course - LOTS OF BOOKS!

I was going to share about all the benefits of homeschooling - individualized education, one-on-one instruction, efficient use of time, high academic standards, character training, etc. However, as I was downloading the pictures I took of our school room, I noticed a few extras that I did not take. Andrew and Daniel got ahold of the camera. So, let me share with you some of the pictures that my precious "homeschoolers" took.


Aren't those pictures great! It was so nice for them to take such sweet pictures. If only they had stopped there. Next, they got a bit silly:


I guess that was still a little too boring for them. So, they decided to "squish" each other:


How about beating each other with a giant ball?


I'm not sure who was inspired to take a picture of horses kissing!?!:


And of course, a photo shoot done by eight and nine year old boys wouldn't be complete without at least one rear end shot:


Thanks Daniel. Sigh....

Oh well, I will have to wait until another day to expound on the glories of homeschooling. Right now we have a few areas to work on!! I will say that there is never a dull moment around here! I am so blessed!






1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you started blogging....
    Each day I look forward to seeing the kids and finding out what they are doing...
    Looks like they are really getting the hang of the camera. I love it, especially the squishing shots.
    Have a great day.....Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete